Re: More Files for Macintosh

Subject: Re: More Files for Macintosh
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 23:56:21 CST

Bryan,

Thanks. The license looks fine.

At 11:19 PM 3/6/00 -0600, Bryan Prusha wrote:
> As for the possibility of only including pieces of the MoreFiles
>code, I would suggest including all of it for two reasons; 1) several of
>the files are dependant on one another and 2) if they are ever updated (as
>for it's recent Carbonization) they will be a trivial update.
>
> As for a patch, I have not yet made one. As I have full CVS access
>at work, I haven't had a need to make one yet. Any tips here? In the
>meantime, I could attach the 20 files to an e-mail (not to the list, just
>to those who could do something with them).

Fine. The main thing is to figure out where you want to park your copy of
those files so that anyone else working on the Mac port can stick them in
the same spot.

If you plan to use the library pretty much as is, then it should probably
wind up as a peer module to the abi tree (like expat, wv, etc.) Or, if you
plan to do enough modifications to the code that it's really more of a fork,
then they'd belong in the abi tree -- either as portions of the util
implementation, or as Mac-specific module in abi/src/other.

As I mentioned before, I have no objection to checking working code into the
CVS if it'll help get the Mac port moving.

That's what CVS is for, right? ;-)

Paul