Re: commit -- hungarian translation

Subject: Re: commit -- hungarian translation
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 21:19:27 CST

Latin-1 variant of Hungarian translation, courtesy of Tamas Decsi
<dtamas@pressflex.com>

  M CREDITS.TXT
  M src/pkg/win/setup/abisuite.ask
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_LabelSet_Languages.h
  A src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_LabelSet_hu-HU.h
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TB_LabelSet_Languages.h
  A src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TB_LabelSet_hu-HU.h
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Toolbar_Icons_All.h
  A src/wp/ap/xp/ToolbarIcons/tb_text_italic_D.xpm
  A src/wp/ap/xp/ToolbarIcons/tb_text_overline_F.xpm
  A src/wp/ap/xp/ToolbarIcons/tb_text_strikeout_K.xpm
  A user/wp/strings/hu-HU.strings

As mentioned below, there are a few spots where Latin-2 characters would be
more appropriate, but for now....

At 03:44 PM 3/7/00 +0100, Decsi Tamas wrote:
>Hello!
>
> My name is Tamas Decsi.
> Just to join abiword translators, I've made a hungarian translation.
> the gzipped tar file attached contains:
> ToolbarIcons/tb_text_italic_D.xpm
> ToolbarIcons/tb_text_overline_F.xpm
> ToolbarIcons/tb_text_strikeout_K.xpm
> ap_Menu_LabelSet_Languages.h
> ap_Menu_LabelSet_hu-HU.h
> ap_TB_LabelSet_Languages.h
> ap_TB_LabelSet_hu-HU.h
> ap_Toolbar_Icons_All.h
> hu-HU.strings
>
> I think you'll guess where these should go ;-)
>
> Some comments:
> Hungarian language needs ISO-Latin-2 encoding for
> o double acute, and u double acute characters.
> I did not take care of that, and used ISO-Latin-1 substitutes:
> o tilde, and u grave - a common way of "solving font problems"
> though it isn't that nice.
>
> Please send me any suggestions...

That sounds like a good workaround for the time being.

The folks working on the Czech and Russian translations are encountering
even more severe problems, so we'll need to come up with a more general
solution for all of you. Keep posted to the abiword-dev list for more
ideas.

> Wishing all the best:
>
> tamas (tamas@pressflex.com)
>
>PS: this project is really cool!