commit -- [patch] complete fix for #302

Subject: commit -- [patch] complete fix for #302
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 22:34:20 CST

Ruler fix for #302 from Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>

  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TopRuler.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TopRuler.h

At 02:59 AM 3/8/00 +0000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>Makes sense. I had not taken grid snapping into account, thanks for
>reminding me that this is necessary. Fixed in supplied patch.

Yep. Looks good.

>I spent a few hours tracking down this one - it really stumped me. I
>figured it out though and fixed it. Thank you for pointing it out. I am
>very impressed with the quality that AbiSource is able to maintain even in
>their CVS version, and extensive testing is the way to do this.

Thanks. We try hard to make sure that code is as clean as possible before
checking it in, but nobody's perfect. Bugs happen, so they have to get
fixed sometime, and our general rule is to try and fix them as we find them.

Over time, we've found that the ideal time to kill bugs is immediately after
they got added to the code, while that code is still fresh in the original
developer's mind. Digging through somebody else's code later on is slower,
and usually much less fun.

>I compiled the enclosed patch using -pedantic and tested it extensively.
>You'll still probably find a way to break it though ;-). Have fun.
>I'm hoping to finally close this bug soon :).

Looks good to me, so I checked it in. Now we'll see whether Bob's devious
mind can find anything else. ;-)

Paul