Re: Framebuffer version of Abi ?

Subject: Re: Framebuffer version of Abi ?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 15:05:27 CST

Tom,

I've pissed you off and I'm sorry. That wasn't my intent at all. I'm sure
you've got many satisfied customers for your products or you wouldn't stay
in business.

All I meant to do was steer the discussion towards development. Lobbying
has its place, but what really matters at the end of the day is what code
gets written. The very last thing I want to do is *discourage* people from
writing that code.

I try very very hard to *encourage* and *enable* people who want to build
new features into this product. That's why I try to spend the bulk of my
time on this list helping other people work through design issues and get
more familiar with how the existing code works.

However, I do feel like I'd be doing a disservice if I didn't offer my
honest opinions about the practicality of various approaches. My advice is
grounded in my understanding of the problems to be solved, but it's just
advice. People can take it or leave it, and I absolutely *love* to be
proven wrong. :-)

To be very, very clear. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a
wxWindows port of AbiWord. By all means please feel free to continue your
advocacy for this (both here and in other forums), and I'll try to do a
better job of staying out of your way as you do so.

Paul
motto -- may the best code win