Re: Compiling Abi with bcc32

Subject: Re: Compiling Abi with bcc32
From: Harald Fernengel (harry@bnro.de)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 05:25:33 CST

Hello,

>If you're looking for a free compiler for Windows, I'd highly suggest
>the GNU C Compiler, which is the portable optimizing compiler we
>use for most of our Unix builds.

Well, Borland's compiler has the advantage that it is really easy to
install it and it brings all required libraries (STL, Win32 header
files) with it. But you are right, GCC is a very good alternative.

Is there anyone interested in moving away from Visual Studio under
Win32 to a free compiler? If so, I'll take another look at free
compilers and the makefiles.

Harry