Compiling Abi with bcc32

Subject: Compiling Abi with bcc32
From: Harald Fernengel (harry@bnro.de)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 13:24:10 CST

Hello,

A while ago Borland (Inprise) put their command line compiler bcc32
with the complete STL, a linker and so on on their website for free
download. You can get it from:

ftp://ftpd.inprise.com/download/bcppbuilder/FreeCommandLineTools.exe

Do not forget to create a bcc32.cfg (as described in the readme,
otherwise bcc32 can't find it's include files).

After playing around with the makefile win32.mk I changed the call
to CL.EXE to BCC32.EXE, the linker to ILINK32 and the resource
compiler to BRC32.EXE. The bcc32 comand line options are similar to
gcc, so it was fairly easy to change them, too.

My first problem was the call to "lib.exe" in "abi_rules.mk". I had
to change it to "implib.exe", but this tool doesn't work with the
temporary files linkfile.[123], which are created on the fly. I
changed the call to implib.exe back to plain command line, so I
could compile a bit further.

Unfortunately the compile stops in ev_Win32Keyboard.cpp with the
error:

ERROR E2194: Could not find file 'Personal.cpp'.

I did a grep over all files in \abi and \borland directory, but
couldn't find anything that points to Personal.cpp.

Can anyone help me with that problem? It would be nice to compile
AbiWord with the free Borland C++ command line compiler so we do not
have to use visual studio anymore.

Harry