Re: commit -- unix/gcc/gtk on cygwin patch.

Subject: Re: commit -- unix/gcc/gtk on cygwin patch.
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 18:08:59 CST

I was suprised to read that the GTK+/Win32 version needed an X server. I
had thought that the win32 port of GTK wan natively on windows. According
to Miguel de Icaza, "The mistake AbiWord made was to not use GTK for its
cross platform toolkit." GTK runs on BeOS, Unix, and Windows, so
theoretically it could eliminate a lot of the non-xp work.