Re: fields design -- a near-trivial question

Subject: Re: fields design -- a near-trivial question
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 23:23:34 CST

If this is going to be visible to the user, DEFINATELY "Real case". It is
very bad UI to present the user with choices that are not in English, and
a hybrid of words is not real english. I don't see what some programmers
have against using English in GUI's. I can't see any reason why the fields
couldn't be represented internally with spaces, but if there is any good
reason I'd voulenteer to make name conversion functions :).

BTW MS Word 6 for Mac really got criticism for naming buttons (I think)
names like "ThisButtonName". Mac people don't put up with names like that,
and I wouldn't expect users of any other platform to in church-secretary
level software.

Aaron Lehmann