Re: Entering Czech Latin2 characters

Subject: Re: Entering Czech Latin2 characters
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 13:52:16 CST

At 04:07 PM 3/15/00 +0100, Zbynek Miksa wrote:
>Hello,
>I tried to fix up entering Latin 2 characters into AW. This patch may fix
>entering caron characters e,s,c,r,z,t,n,l acute o and u with above ring.
>This characters is necessary for writing czech documents.
>Entering characters now works pretty well, but there is a sometimes
>problem with printing.

Hi,

Thanks for taking a whack at this. I took a look at the diffs and only had
a few comments:

1. Do you have any suggestions about how your approach should scale for use
in other non-Latin-1 languages? I got the impression that your changes --
especially the mods to NVK processing in ev_UnixKeyboard.cpp -- might only
help for the Latin-2 subset you need for cz-CZ, but I couldn't tell for
sure. A few more comments here might be useful.

I think Henrik is die back any day now, so the two of you may want to put
your heads together to see if you can figure out a more scalable mechanism,
perhaps using iconv: