id_ID translation update

Subject: id_ID translation update
From: Tim Allen (rita_tim@tpg.com.au)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 06:09:08 CST

This patch hopefully gets the Indonesian translation back up near the 100%
mark, as well as fixing a few minor errors. Hopefully the patch format
isn't too eccentric to be usable; it's not practical for me to do a cvs
diff because it takes over an hour for me to just do a cvs update, the
bandwidth here in the wilds of Sydney is terrible :(.

I had an enquiry from someone a few days ago who wanted to use AbiWord in
Indonesian. He had downloaded AbiWord from the AbiSource site, but had
been unable to work out how to set up his local config files to make it
use his language of choice. Can't say I blame him; it's not really obvious
yet. I explained it to him, but presumably there are other non-English
users in a similar predicament. One obvious solution is for me to just
write the appropriate dialog to let the user specify the language, but
that isn't likely to happen soon if you wait for me to do it :-). A more
immediately practical solution might be to include with the standard
distribution a set of example config files (~/AbiSuite/AbiWord.Profile),
one for each supported language, and a readme file for each language
giving directions for where to put the file.

Assuming no-one convinces me this is a particular silly idea, I shall
hopefully during the next few days produce the files needed for
Indonesian, leaving other languages to other people. One thing I'm not
sure of, however, is for binary distributions, where would one put these
files?

Tim

Tim Allen http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/rita_tim/
tim@proximity.com.au rita_tim@tpg.com.au