Re: AbiSuite install fails

Subject: Re: AbiSuite install fails
From: Chip (chip@wiegand.org)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 20:31:16 CST

Well,
I got it to work! I d/l'ed the .tar.gz version and installed that to
all the defaults and it appears to work fine, though I haven't actually
done anything in it yet. :-)
Anyway, just an FYI. I don't know what's up with the .tgz version, to
bad it didn't work, being a relatively new user I prefer to stick to the
proper package formats for the OS.
Now, what do I have to do to make it so I don't have to be root to
start it? I guess some chmod command but I don't know which one, is it
755? or ugo +rwx or something like that.
Chip
www.wiegand.org
PS
What is a UTF8 file? I saw it listed on the open files list.