Re: Word count nitpicks

Subject: Re: Word count nitpicks
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 00:49:32 CST

> 2) This dialog is implemented as a modal dialog, but I'm not quite sure
> why. If a dialog is asking a critical question that needs to be answered
> before the program can continue, it should probably be modal, but I don't
> see the reason here. I think it would be nice if you could keep the dialog
> around and hit a Recount button periodically. Also, there is no indication
> that the main window is not accepting input, but I think this is being
> discussed in the "focus" thread.

AbiWord doesn't have a XP implementation of non-modal dialogs. I believe
that there were some concerns about maintaining platform-specific behavior
while avoiding too much platform-specific code.

Anyway, it just isn't written yet, and all dialogs are currently modal,
regardless of whether they should be. The insert symbol dialog, for
instance, should definitely be non-modal.

Justin