Re:word count

Subject: Re:word count
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 11:30:43 CST

At 07:12 PM 3/25/00 GMT, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>On word counting, forgive me if it already does this but nonetheless.
>One of the things the legal community appears to desire in word
>counting is the ability to include footnotes in the count. Seems that
>some legal submissions must be under a certain length and footnote
>counts, the rest of the world usually does not want to count
>footnotes. So would be nice to have such an optional feature.

Yep. As soon as we add footnote support to AbiWord, we should add a
checkbox at the bottom of the dialog which allows people to include/exclude
them from the counts.

I suppose we could have added a disabled control to the original dialog
layouts, but since nobody's expressed interest in doing the implementation
work for footnotes/endnotes in the 1.0 timeframe, that just seemed like
rubbing it in.

Paul