RE: SHAZAM - POW - Beginning the Binary Word Exporter (Part 1a)(again)

Subject: RE: SHAZAM - POW - Beginning the Binary Word Exporter (Part 1a)(again)
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 15:49:25 CST

It niggled me a bit when doing it (changing the parts using temp file, that
is), but I thought it was the best solution for now, until the 'right thing
to do' becomes clearer [and probably necessary] when doing the next parts of
the POW.

> Also, the fix for the image hang:
> Commenting out the len read is not the correct solution.
> The problem is in my importer code on the Abi side. I'm trying to start
> image decoding when there aren't images. I suspect it's because I'm
> letting chars through somehwere. Maybe in fields. I'll try to track that
> down.

It was a complete stab-in-the-dark. I can send you some more documents
exhibiting the 'failure' if you want to see them (though I imagine you
probably have more than a few by now :-)

Jamie.