Re: SHAZAM - POW - Beginning the Binary Word Exporter (Part 1a) (again)

Subject: Re: SHAZAM - POW - Beginning the Binary Word Exporter (Part 1a) (again)
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 14:17:47 CST

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Paul Rohr wrote:

> At 03:14 PM 3/28/00 +0100, James Montgomerie wrote:
> >Attached are two patches, one for the abi tree, one for the wv tree,
> >implementing part 1a of the 'Beginning the Binary Word Exporter' POW (see
> >below). It compiles under Linux, and I have no reason to expect that it
> >won't work on the other platforms too.
>
> So, it seems like a pretty safe checkin to me. However, since this is
> Justin's POW and Caolan's codebase, I'd first like to give them a day or so
> to look at it if they want.

As long as it runs, the patch sould be perfectly fine to commit.
I'll try it out tonight, but since everything is still just masking an
underlying FILE*, the functionality should not have changed.

From reading the patch, it looks great. The only concern I have is whether
some temp files (which should stay FILE*'s) were moved to wvStream's and
if the OLE decoding interface is all right. Those will be easiest to check
with the patch applied (and easy to change back, if necessary).

However, those will not affect wv until wvStream becomes something else,
and I will go through and make sure everything is right before part 1b
gets added in.

Also, the fix for the image hang:
Commenting out the len read is not the correct solution.
The problem is in my importer code on the Abi side. I'm trying to start
image decoding when there aren't images. I suspect it's because I'm
letting chars through somehwere. Maybe in fields. I'll try to track that
down.

Anyway, this is a great start James. Thanks for all your work.

Justin