bug 651 fix

Subject: bug 651 fix
From: Matt Kraai (kraai@subdimension.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 13:52:11 CST

Howdy,

Abiword asserts and then coredumps when it is asked to open empty text
or UTF8 files. It does this because the documents that it constructs
do not contain any blocks. I assume that this is also the cause of bug
773, which concerns abw documents that have no <p> or <section> tags.
I assume that this is a document invariant that isn't being preserved
by the importers.

I have attached a patch which modifies the importers for text and UTF8
to add a block if none is generated otherwise. If this seems like the
correct solution, I'll have a look at doing the same for abw files.

Yours,
 Matt