Re: Word count nitpicks

Subject: Re: Word count nitpicks
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 19:10:44 CST

At 10:22 AM -0800 3/28/00, Paul Rohr wrote:
>PS: Folks who've carefully studied how Apple's HI guidelines usually get
>interpreted are free to show me what I've missed here, if anything. AFAIK,
>the menu action of raising those dialogs isn't completed until the dialog
>goes away, and that usually "requires human intervention", no?

        I haven't read the HIG in a while, but the original HIG
stated that "any menu item that brings up additional user interface -
and requires user input (even clicking an "OK" button to continue) -
is to have the ellipsis after it. That's why the About dialog
usually has it - it brings up a modal dialog in many applications.

Leonard

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65