PATCH: New underline code (3)

Subject: PATCH: New underline code (3)
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 02:24:38 CST

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:

> Ok, I took a look at this new patch, and there is still a major problem.
> Turn on underline, and start typing. Once you wrap to the next line, the
> underline on the previous line of text disappears, never to be seen or
> heard from again.
>
> I am really nervous about checking in a patch which introduces a bug of
> relatively the same magnitude as the one it is trying to fix. Martin, can
> you take another stab at this patch?

Arg! Sorry about that. I should have though to try that test. I thought
that sequence of runs would always be terminated at a line break. It does
not do this so that clever formating tricks can be performed. This third
patch fixes the behaviour noticed by you by looking for the last run on a
line as well.

Give it a whirl and let me know of any new problems you find.

Cheers

Martin

PS. Any chance of looking at the "Insert Symbol" patch? I've received no
feedback for 4 weeks.