Re: PATCH: New underline code (2)

Subject: Re: PATCH: New underline code (2)
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 11:33:36 CST

At 07:26 PM 3/27/00 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>HI All,
> Here is the updated underline patch that fixes the underline
>superscript bug and the problems with highlighting as reported by Bob.
>
>For those that remember the discussion I went with solution (1) to this
>latter bug which is that all runs marked dirty are drawn by by
>the highlighting code. The changes required were very small and the speed
>seemed fine. Now the whole fix is nice I think.
>
>Cheers
>
>Martin

Ok, I took a look at this new patch, and there is still a major problem.
Turn on underline, and start typing. Once you wrap to the next line, the
underline on the previous line of text disappears, never to be seen or
heard from again.

I am really nervous about checking in a patch which introduces a bug of
relatively the same magnitude as the one it is trying to fix. Martin, can
you take another stab at this patch?

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist