RE: bug 443

Subject: RE: bug 443
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 06:22:32 CST

> The use of tabs in right justified paragraphs causes assertion
> failures. I had a chance to test the behavior of tabs under
> Microsoft Word earlier this evening. From what I saw, it appears
> that Word behaves as though the tab stop line begins at the first
> character in the line.

I have looked at that to. My thought was to remove the current behavour and replace it with:

    calculating tabs as if the line was left justified

then printing (viewing) the line with the offset to make it right (or center) justified.

This should be easy to do, since the calculation for left justified lines is there, and the offset for right justification is calculated elseware. This removes totaly the code that asserts.

--hb