RE: Feature matrix update from Pierre Abbat

Subject: RE: Feature matrix update from Pierre Abbat
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 06:09:46 CST

> There is an updated copy of the AbiWord feature matrix available at
> http://www.abisource.com/feature_matrix.html
>
> Pierre Abbat has updated many of the LaTeX export cells, and has also added
> a table for character sets other than Latin-1. Of course, this table is
> mostly untested, and will probably remain that way for a while. If you are
> interested in doing some QA work on AbiWord with non Latin-1 charsets, send
> me some mail, and I will let you know what you can do to help.
>
> Robert Sievers
> Open Source Evangelist

Good thinking with a table for character sets. One thing that I think of is that if it works or not is very platform dependent. We need a table with "platforms vs charsets".

Another is that you can IMHO compress 8bit charsets to this list:

Latin-1
8bit other than Latin-1 (insted of Latin Extended, Greek, Cyrillic)
8bit right to left (insted of Hebrew, Arabic)

To help with filling in. Since input and view works on Win32, I would say that view, keybord and AbiWord i/e works for Latin-1, Latin Extended, Greek, Cyrillic in the XP code.

The columns dialog and toolbar? What do that say? Do we need a collumn named spellcheck? Ispell is very hard to get to work for larger than 8-bit.

--hb