libole2 (was Re: commit -- POW - Beginning the Binary ...)

Subject: libole2 (was Re: commit -- POW - Beginning the Binary ...)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 15:54:06 CST

At 01:29 PM 3/30/00 -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> You seem to have a few misconceptions about the status of libole2. It
>is a standalone library which(AFAIK) just *happens* to be included in the
>Gnumeric distribution and does have a release schedule of its own. You may
>want to talk to Miguel de Izcaza or Michael Meeks about maybe making a
separate
>tarball or homepage for libole2 and stop importing it into the gnumeric cvs
>tree and use it instead as a standalone library(as it already can be). Their
>emails can be found from http://www.gnome.org/gnumeric/. I'll fire off an
email
>to them too and see what sort of reply I get back. Libole2 is imported into
>the Gnumeric distribution via a CVS virtual link. To download go to
>http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html for cvs login information.
>cvs -z3 checkout libole2

Dom,

This is great news. Thanks for the update. We'll definitely be interested
to hear what else you can find out.

Jamie's currently taking the lead on our efforts to switch wv over to use
libole2, so that we can start using wv to *export* Word documents, and not
just import them. Since libole2 integration is next on his list, I'm sure
he'll be especially interested. ;-)