Re: Lists.

Subject: Re: Lists.
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 22:18:01 CST

At 07:41 PM 3/27/00 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>I hope to work on Luke Jordans lists patch over the next couple weeks.
>Basically I plan to fix the bugs identified by Bob and make as few changes
>as possible since Luke has left us for 5 months. However he intimated that
>it might be possible to do a better implementation with just fields which
>we are also getting improvements for.
>
>So, if I succede in getting Bob's 10 bugs in the list patch fixed, will it
>go in? Or will it be ditched for a more "elegant" scheme?
>
>I don't want to waste valuable development time. After these 2 weeks it
>will be much harder for me to find time to work on abiword.

Well, I don't want to speak for everyone, but let me give you my spin on
it. The 10 bugs I found was not an exhaustive list of list bugs. If you
fix them all, I will find another handful. But, I would imagine with one
or two quick iterations we can get something decent checked in.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist