Re: 2 field bugs

Subject: Re: 2 field bugs
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 07:02:18 CDT

On Tue, 2 May 2000, sam th wrote:

> Here are two current problems with fields (and I don't think either of
> them are related to the underlying implementation).
>
> 1 - If you insert a field (with, say, the insert field dialog) the cursor
> is positioned *before* the field, but if you type, the text goes *after*
> the field. This is just an issue of where we draw the cursor.

I first noticed this in the lists patch but I didn't relaize it was
actually a feild bug till "insert Field" for linux went in. I think that
many of the list patch bugs as actually field bugs. Getting lists in may
not be too hard after all.

 Tomas Frydrych has been looking at various carat positioning and cursor
sizing bugs. Tomas could you include this bug in your studies?

Cheers

Martin