Re: Two consecutive menu separators with empty MRU

Subject: Re: Two consecutive menu separators with empty MRU
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 17:32:56 CDT

On Fri, 5 May 2000, sam th wrote:

> On Fri, 5 May 2000, Mike Nordell wrote:
>
> > If your MRU (Most Recently Used [documents]) list is empty, at least in
> > Win32 it displays two consecutive menu separator lines. Not only is this
> > ugly, it's plain wrong. I have a fix for this in Win32
> > (ev_Win32Menu.cpp), but since I'm not using X I'm not sure if this is a
> > problem in X-windows also. If so, the fix would probably have to be
> > applied at a higher level than /win/.
> >
> > I'd appreciate if someone using X could check this and reply.
>
> This happens on X also.

I haven't taken a look at the fix (I've got lots of other
fixes to make to get the Photon version up to snuff) but
whatever the fix is ... please ... please try to make it
in an XP way. This shouldn't be too hard since the XP
layer tells the platform specific layer what to draw. I
find that there is just too much repetition in the code
sometimes.

THomas