Is bug 528 fixed?

Subject: Is bug 528 fixed?
From: Paul Egli (pegli@sourcegear.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 16:56:30 CDT

bug 528 describes the following problem:

When entering characters using a keyboard layout other than English, and
entering characters that are not part of the default "ANSI" characters
encoding
for Windows, the characters are either ignored altogether, or displayed as if
they were "ANSI", that is they are wrong characters.

Specifically, I was using the Slovak keyboard, and entered the following
characters: t, e, s-caron, i-acute, s-caron. It ignored the s-carons.

When I entered p, r, e, c-caron, o, I got: p, r, e, i-grave, o.

I was checking out this bug, and it seems to me that in version 0.7.9 some
of the letters have been fixed and some have not. The c-caron worked, but
the s-caron still did not.

I'm using Windows NT and under Keyboard Properties I have Input Locales set
to "Slovak" and Layout set to "Slovak".

Does anybody know if this bug is truly fixed or if i'm doing something wrong?

-Paul Egli