Re: Is bug 528 fixed?

Subject: Re: Is bug 528 fixed?
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 05:42:47 CDT

> bug 528 describes the following problem:
>
> When entering characters using a keyboard layout other than English, and
> entering characters that are not part of the default "ANSI" characters
> encoding
> for Windows, the characters are either ignored altogether, or displayed as if
> they were "ANSI", that is they are wrong characters.
>
> Specifically, I was using the Slovak keyboard, and entered the following
> characters: t, e, s-caron, i-acute, s-caron. It ignored the s-carons.
>
> When I entered p, r, e, c-caron, o, I got: p, r, e, i-grave, o.

I have been working with this and I got as far as I could without realy knowing alot about other language and keybord settings. I got russian when I used russian keybordlayout. Greek looked like something and when I used serbian layout I got russian(cyrillic) letters on a qwerty layout. So far, so good! But for testing keyboard layout with only a few 'special' letters I couldn't test without help...

> I was checking out this bug, and it seems to me that in version 0.7.9 some
> of the letters have been fixed and some have not. The c-caron worked, but
> the s-caron still did not.
>
> I'm using Windows NT and under Keyboard Properties I have Input Locales set
> to "Slovak" and Layout set to "Slovak".

Ok, help me with this: s-caron and c-caron in slovak layout is on what keys?

I O P 1 2 enter
K L 3 4 5 enter
M 6 7 8 shift

Please fill in the missing keys (send e-mail as UTF-8 if you can, or spell them out)

The original Bug 528 is probly superseded with other bugs refering to how it works after 0.7.9

--hb