Re: Bug #569 (RTF export and diacritics)

Subject: Re: Bug #569 (RTF export and diacritics)
From: Hisham Muhammad (hisham@apple2.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 18:54:04 CDT

> rtf_keyword_hex2 is to output a control keyword. Here, we output a control
> symbol. :-)
<snip>
> This is misinterpretation of the file format: \'e8 for example is NOT a
> control word but rather control symbol. Control word are delimited by a
> space (and thus should be ignored), but control symbols (a \ followed by a
> non alphabetic char) are not delimited by a space and thus the space
should
> NOT be ignored.

What are control words for? (sorry, didn't check out the specification :) )
The current code of the import routine simply expected two hex digits and a
space after the \', but, judging by the implementation, there is supposed to
be support for strings of hex pairs ended by a space, also (are these the
control words?).
If so, would the best solution be adding another type to InternalStateTypes,
so that the remaining space could be properly skipped or not (apparently, in
the current implementation there are no occasions where it would be required
to skip -- but when control words were added, support for them would be
already done).

Hisham