Re: Your patches.

Subject: Re: Your patches.
From: Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@abisource.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 23:08:40 CDT

Mike Nordell wrote:
> > is there a nice way to convert <CR><LF> to <CR> under unix?
>
> I'd also like to know if anyone had success/failure using WinCVS 1.0.6
> regarding the EOL differences.

This just came up in another conversation, so it's fresh in my
mind. There's a very handy utility called "flip" that will convert
between MS-DOS newlines and The Right newlines (Unix, BeOS, etc.). :)
Of course there are probably 20 other ways to do it using perl, dd,
tr, awk, sed, or twelve other Unix tools, but I always forget the
arguments for the different tools.

If you're running Debian, just "apt-get install flip" and run as
"flip -u file" or "flip -m file" to convert to Unix or MS-DOS formats,
respectively.

--
Shaw Terwilliger