Cursor EOL, runs and layout

Subject: Cursor EOL, runs and layout
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 00:07:16 CDT

In Win32 you almost always get the cursor to the wrong position when
having a multi-line paragraph and pressing the home key (to go to BOL)
while at e.g. line two. The cursor moves to the end of the previous line.
This is also a source of a bunch of assertions (well, at least in my
current uncommitted code with additional checks, I'll commit ASAP).

Is this behavior present in the X version also? I'd think it is, since it
seems to be bugs in xp stuff that triggers it (run handling AFAIK), but I
just wanted to be sure. If so, is anyone already working on this?

/Mike - please post follow-ups only to the list