Re: commit -- Fix the margins in the LaTeX export.

Subject: Re: commit -- Fix the margins in the LaTeX export.
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 11:44:01 CDT

Rui Silva - Webmaster wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 11:07:14AM -0500, sam th wrote:
> > currently (esp since we don't import LaTeX). So I think we should go with
> > an option, where the default is to export AbiWord style.
>
> sure, I think that that is the spirit :) have it AbiWord's own way, but (if possible and if it's not too much more work) allow some tweakings (like this one).
>
> I, for instance, think that the produced LaTeX could be cleaner if not for making it simulate AbiWord, so the switch could be more of the like of:
>
> +-- LaTeX ---------------+
> | |
> | (*) Export as Abiword |
> | ( ) Export pure LaTeX |
> | |
> +------------------------+
>
> Now, I know that AbiWord does not mean to be a LaTeX wysiwyg, but that's almost all that it lacks (besides other features and importing, which is somewhat hard to do, i think).
>
> what do you think?

No problem at all.

I've commited the change, and I've optimized a bit the output to be a
bit less verbose (the old {\normalsize{} ...} was not needed).
If I found some free time, I will implement the dialog box, but by now I
will leave the AbiWord style by default (if somebody wants the LaTeX
style, he only have to comment the \setlength lines of the preamble).

Cheers,

PS: If at the end of the day, the "LaTeX look" option gains the vote, I
will change again the default behaviour (hey, we live in a democracy :).

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr