Re: The scrap suggestion, Attn Mike &Sam Th

Subject: Re: The scrap suggestion, Attn Mike &Sam Th
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 07:25:53 CDT

On Sat, 20 May 2000, P.Denis wrote:

> I asked for the suggestion, for I use the function regularly as an example I
> have the wordpad Icon on the task bar, I open it paste or type any notes
> highlight it or select all and drag it to the desktop. The scrap assumes
> the name of the first words of the text or you can rename it anything you
> want whithout having to worry about extensions, you can also open it, add
> whatever, close it and it is automatically saved. Another advantage of
> having this feature with "SHS and RUNDLL32", is that it remembers the word
> processor that created it, as an example create one with word pad, the scrap
> opens to word pad, create one with Lotus Word Pro and that scrap will open
> with Lotus Word Pro. Both scraps are identical until you open the scrap and
> are presented with the processor that created it.

I wonder if the functionality you request is not already avaiable in abi.
I gather you like to have another window to drag and drop text into. If
that is the case simply choose "new" under the file menu and abi will open
up and new window for you to work with. Alternatively, call a file on your
desktop "scrap-abw.abw" and set WIndows to invoke Abi whenever a file
with abw is openned. Maybe Abiword does this already with its Windows
install? Anyway, now you can drag and drop text all you like into your
open abi window.

Is that what you wanted?

If so you likely not alone. Maybe our help could include a something about
how use a scrap file with Abi.

Cheers

Martin