Re: Reply-to

Subject: Re: Reply-to
From: Eric W. Sink (eric@sourcegear.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 19:21:02 CDT

>Another reason is that I've participated in mailinglists that sets
>reply-to to the list, they work, you can always get to the OP anyway, and
>you never get any discussions like this.

I recognize that this issue is somewhat arbitrary. Valid arguments can
be made for operating the list in either fashion. My personal preference
for the status quo is based on the principle of the toothpaste and the
tube. I would rather be forced to take explicit action in order to make
posts to the public forum, so that I will be reminded that my comments
are in fact public.

With apologies to those advocating the change, I believe the status
quo will remain. Lacking a clear and compelling reason to change
things, I see the benefits of keeping things as they have been.

I am contributing to this thread only to assure that someone
here at SourceGear did in fact notice it. However, the strongest
persusasion yet came from Sam when he advocated that we simply drop
the subject and focus on the app itself.

Cheers,

Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
SourceGear Corporation
eric@sourcegear.com