Re: Reply-to

Subject: Re: Reply-to
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 13:03:20 CDT

Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:

> What is the feature more used, reply to the list, or reply to the
> author?

I agree with this point (I think it is to be viewed as a point, since
it's a rethorical question).

I also think it's an unneccessary cumbersome operation to post a reply to
the list: 1) remove OP, 2) add abiword-dev.

I have more than once forgot to [manually] change the reply to
abiword-dev.
This leads to unwanted private traffic, and information that could be of
common interest only gets mailed to the one you respond to. IMO that's
bad.

I accept the arguments that I've seen for this, I just don't agree with
them. One of the reasons are that I have yet to see a MUA that can do
what's requested (send reply only to abiword-dev and not mail the OP),
that means the arguments in the web page is more-or-less void in my (and
apparently others) opinion.
Another reason is that I've participated in mailinglists that sets
reply-to to the list, they work, you can always get to the OP anyway, and
you never get any discussions like this.

My $0.02

/Mike