Reply-to (was Re: Cursor)

Subject: Reply-to (was Re: Cursor)
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 09:18:08 CDT

Pierre Abbat wrote:

> >The final decission correspond to the sourcegear guys, but it would be
> >cool if everybody says what are his/her preference here.
>
> My preference is:
> If I get mail that is addressed to me, the reply button should reply to only
> the sender. The reply to all button should reply to the sender and the other
> recipients, but not to me.
> If I get mail that is not addressed to me, but is sent to a mailing list that I
> am on, the reply button should reply to only the sender. The reply to all
> button should reply to all recipients but not the sender, who is presumably on
> the list.

ok, can you point a MUA that has such a reply to all?
And even if you find such a MUA, is not realistic to ask everybody to
change his MUA.

> I do sometimes need to reply to the sender and not the list, as when Chris,
> Ash, and I were discussing the translation.

No problem. I think that "Copy & paste" works for everybody, isn't it?
I agree that it's annoying. But now, the reply-to works perfectly if
you want to reply only to the author, and it's annoying if you want to
reply only to the list.

What is the feature more used, reply to the list, or reply to the
author?

> The list is set up correctly. The bug is in Kmail.

the "bug" is in all MUA's. And we have to live with it (and decide
what's the configuration of the mailing list that is less annoying for
the majority).

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr