Re: asserts and pagebreaks

Subject: Re: asserts and pagebreaks
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 12:51:27 CDT

Jesper Skov wrote:

> Mike> Looking into this problem, could it be that we miss a call to
> Mike> _insertFakeTextRun() in fl_BlockLayout? Perhaps after the
> Mike> pagebreak run if it has no following runs that canContainPoint?
>
> I noticed the use of _insertFakeTextRun but didn't investigate
> further. Does it add fake runs on both lines. Try a pagebreak in an
> empty document, you get a single pb Run - which after the format()
> becomes something like emptyTextRun:pageBreakRun:emptyTextRun so
> there's an emptyTextRun on both lines in the document.

I didn't know that it had to be run through format() before the fake runs
are applied. I apparently haven't looked into this specific problem as
deep as you've done, but can it be as simple as adding a format() call
after the addition of the pagebreak run if the pagebreak is *appended* to
the document (i.e. at the last DocPos)?

What's the status of this? Should every page either contain something
visible (fp_TextRun) or a fake textrun?

> (hope it makes sense - I don't yet have full command of the abiword
> lingo ;)

Me neither, I just hope I can make myself understood anyway.

As for the bug "1234, 2*left, ctrl+return, up" crashing, I still can't
reproduce it. Either I have fixed a bug that's not committed yet or it's
a unix specific problem (it shouldn't be that though after reading the
comments on it).

/Mike - please don't cc.