Re: #815

Subject: Re: #815
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 21:06:07 CDT

sam th wrote:

> Well, I have no idea about the windows-specific taskbar issues. But
> the reporter seems to have 3 main problems -
>
> 1- he/she wants an mdi - too bad

At the moment. I might have got a few cards up the sleeve that perhaps
would allow us to fulfill that request (at the user's request at runtime
MDI or SDI), at least in Win32. We'll see... :-)

> 2- he/she wants a save-all-open-documents command. - this might
> be useful

Quite useful I'd say. It's probably more-or-less a non-brainer to do it
in Win32. The question is "should it be done"? It would be
non-standard. It also has the implication that the Win32 version would
change behaviour to reply to keyboard shortcut as it is implied in the
menu instead of as it is now: by its own discretion. What to do? Should
the menu be changed/added-to or should the shortcut keys behaviour be
changed?

/Mike