More fun with Modeless dialogs. WordCount.

Subject: More fun with Modeless dialogs. WordCount.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 02:07:07 CDT

I'm having fun with these :-)

I'm in the process of finishing off a Modeless "WordCount". Apart from
the features you'd expect, like a update button that updates the latest
info from the currently active frame, I've also added a label to tell you
the document name of the current statistics.

But the coolest new feature is an auto-update so that the dialog runs in
the background continually updating the latest statistics of the currently
active document.

Very handy for those 1000 word essays :-)

Next is a radio button to select if you want auto-updating and a spin box
to set the speed of the updates. 1 per second works pretty well so far.
Then I guess I should save these as a preference too. I have to work out
how to do these.

Cheers

Martin