Re: commit - fixed the gnome version of the word count dialog box

Subject: Re: commit - fixed the gnome version of the word count dialog box
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 08:31:36 CDT

On Sat, 27 May 2000, CUENCA ABELA Joaquin wrote:

> P.S.: Please, respect the difference between _constructWindow and
> _constructWindowContents. _constructWindowContents is for the
> construction of all the widgets, but the buttons widgets and the
> (possible) separator widget (and, of course the hbox that contains the
> row of buttons).

After looking through the gnome front end, and having learnt a bit more
about C++ inheritence I'm finally grasping how the gnome front end works
and why it is a good thing to do this. My future gtk dialogs will do the
right thing with regards to _constructWindow and _constructWindowContents.

The gnome front end needs to write its own _constructWindow but it can use
_constructWindowContents from the gtk dialog. Then all the gtk front end
needs are the static call back functions cut and pasted from the gtk code
and some code in runModeless (I'm only doing Modeless dialogs from now
on :-) also cut and pasted from the gtk dialog. The gnome front end can
just inherit the class callback functions from the gtk front end. Very
nice. I'm finally grasping why C++ is better than C!

Cheers

Martin