Re: commit - removed snprintf

Subject: Re: commit - removed snprintf
From: Caolan McNamara (cmc@stardivision.de)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 02:43:27 CST

At 10:32 01.11.00 +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, sam th wrote:
>
> Hi Sam,
> >
> > Some of the recently committed code included snprintf calls (spec. in
> > xap_EncodingManager.cpp). Sadly, snprintf is not yet universally
> > available, and is not present on PPC BeOS. Therefore, these snprintf's
> > have been replaced by sprintf. If you (Vlad) desperately want snprint,
> > then you need to find some way to do it so that PPC BeOS still compiles.
>
> I think I have a nice idea on how to cleanly use snprintf on one arch and
>sprintf on other without using #ifdefs - the use of CPP macros.

Use a configure test and add a snprintf implementation when its not found ?
its what I do.

test: http://research.cys.de/autoconf-archive/C_Support/ac_func_snprintf.html
implementation: http://www.ijs.si/software/snprintf/

C.

--
Herein are personal opinions, you'd want to be crazed to consider
these official positions of StarOffice/Sun or even vaguely congruent.