Re: commit - removed snprintf

Subject: Re: commit - removed snprintf
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 06:55:52 CST

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Caolan McNamara wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 03:00:47AM -0600, sam th wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > >
> > > Use a configure test and add a snprintf implementation when its not found ?
> > > its what I do.
> > >
> > > test: http://research.cys.de/autoconf-archive/C_Support/ac_func_snprintf.html
> > > implementation: http://www.ijs.si/software/snprintf/
> >
> > Just two problems with this:
> >
> > 1) we don't use autoconf
>
> Grumble,

I would love autoconf. I hate having to do a complete rebuild after making
header file changes.

We had a patch for autoconf a couple of months ago. One of the reasons for
not committing it were that we were not sure how well in works under
cygwin on Windows. Do you have first hand experience here to help us clear
up the FUD?

Thanks!

Martin