Re: Report for chinese

Subject: Re: Report for chinese
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 06:08:49 CST

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

 Hi Martin, Hi Belcon, Hi abi-dev,

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >
> > OK.
> > I've attached a patch to ie_exp_RTF*.cpp that should make RTFs produced by AW
> > successfully importable into it (so cut&paste will work fine) though old Words
> > won't understand those RTFs.
> > Could you try it and report results?
>
> I haven't checked this patch yet. Vlad is this all that's needed to enable
> display of the different Chinese fonts? Did we leave something out of your
> collection of patches?

 You shouldn't check it it. It's an intermediate solution (though it only
affects CJK locales) (that hasn't been tested by CJK guys yet unfortunately)
to make cut&paste working (unless clean solution that already there gets
debugged and fixed).

> I guess we're stilling waiting to see our RTF import/export of Chinese is
> going too.

 Yes, this is the major feature CVS version lacks as I understand (besides
showing text in one of several CJK encodings - GB2312).

 I hope everything with CJK will get setled during this week.

 As I understand, it's planned to release 0.7.12 in near future?

> Sorry I'm finding this hard to follow.

 And don't bother to if you don't want. All patches I post to Belcon are not
for commiting (we just cc abi-dev to keep subscribers informed) but only for
testing. We will compose and explicitly announce on abi-dev patches that need
to be commited when things are worked-out.

> Martin

 Best regards,
  -Vlad