Re: request for help from CJK hackers

Subject: Re: request for help from CJK hackers
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 01:38:00 CST

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, ha shao wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 09:14:18PM +0400, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:
> > On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, ha shao wrote:
> >

> > Hmm, could you research what parameter for \fcharset Big5 version of Word
> > uses? There is a big chance that it's 134 also, but it would be nice to know
> > that for sure.
> >

> According to
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/specs/rtfspec_6.htm#rtfspec_10
>
> Big5 is 136 and Russian is 204 :).

 Thanks for Big5 \fcharset code.

 As for 204 for russian - it was there from the very begining of
russian-support patch.

 The patch I will send in couple of minutes should be considered final
version. It will contain 134 and 136 \fcharset values too.
 Please test it.

> And I think the importer should also deal with the
> \lang \langfe \langnp \langfenp described in
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/specs/rtfspec_16.htm#rtfspec_21
> Those tags are used intensively in word2k.

 They are useful only to hint which dictionary to use IMO. Currently AW
supports only one language for document concept, so support for these
constructs is useless without support from AW's infrastructure.

 Please test cut&paste and export of RTF (whether word understands them) and
fix if something is broken.

> --
> Best regard
> ha_shao