Re: request for help from CJK hackers

Subject: Re: request for help from CJK hackers
From: ha shao (hashao@china.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 05:44:02 CST

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 11:38:00AM +0400, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, ha shao wrote:
>
> > And I think the importer should also deal with the
> > \lang \langfe \langnp \langfenp described in
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/specs/rtfspec_16.htm#rtfspec_21
> > Those tags are used intensively in word2k.
>
> They are useful only to hint which dictionary to use IMO. Currently AW
> supports only one language for document concept, so support for these
> constructs is useless without support from AW's infrastructure.

The problem is that you never know what thing will be
produced by MS word. I attached a .rtf file produced by word 2k
under win2k English version with Chinese locale installed.
Don't be amazed it set both \deflang1033 and \deflangfe1033.

That file makes abiword crash on importing. It also demostrates that
only \ansicpg will not be enough.

--
best regard
ha_shao