WordCount dialog

Subject: WordCount dialog
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 08:44:36 CST

I was a bit confused at first when it only displayed the last two characters
of the current document name in its caption/title. Then I had a look at
AP_Dialog_WordCount::ConstructWindowName and realized that function
deliberately sets the maximum title length to 26 chars.

My question now becomes, how did this number turn up? Is it something that
looks good in some X environment? Perhaps a more appropriate approach would
be to have a pure virtual function in AP_Dialog_WordCount that gets the
maximum number of "title displayable" characters for each platform? In Win32
it only uses about 60% of the displayable area, unecessary truncating the
document name (well, not really truncating, it chops of the _beginning_ of
the document name).

/Mike