Re: MSWord DOC

Subject: Re: MSWord DOC
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 10:04:29 CST

> > If yes, then there is a big chance that language
> > code is not saved properly in word6.0 format (or there is a "CJK flag" for
> > example). So, if these chars are really big5 codes, I think we have the
> > following options:
> > 1) add very dirty hack that under CJK environments will treat unspecified
> > language code as language code of current locale's charset.
> > 2) add support to CJK to wv. Dom Lachowich on the AW mailing list is current
> > maintainer of wv, so feel free to talk with him (or to debug wv and send him
> > patches).
> > The 2nd one is much more preferable :)
>
> Yes. However, I know nothing about wv.
> So what should I do now?

Well, if you do want to help out (which I'm sure Dom would greatly appreciate)
you should go to http://wvware.sourceforge.net and subscribe to the mailing
list. Dom Lachowicz, the maintainer, is also one of the lead developers for
AbiWord, so he might just see this email anyway :-)

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: