Re: 0.7.12 Questions

Subject: Re: 0.7.12 Questions
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 16:17:03 CST

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Sam TH wrote:

> I would like to determine what remains to be done before we declare
> 0.7.12 ready. Outstanding issues I know of:
>
> Win32 spell check - how is this currently?
> Word import - dom, what's the status here?
> smart quotes - Vlad, can you get this fixed so we stop seeing ?s=20
>
> Are there other showstopper issues?
> How is the build looking on BeOS and QNX?
>
> Thomas, do you want to have an official QNX release for 0.7.12?

On QNX I've got a few cycles to look into a couple of crashes here
this weekend ... but for the most part things are looking pretty
good. The main thing is going to be the packaging since I have
to re-hack the script for building the packages so I don't have
to do it by hand. That isn't really a big deal ... though ...
just a niceity so that people can automatically build a
distribution themselves.

The biggest thing is getting the list dialog working properly
since it seems to crash for me on my build ... shouldn't take
long to fix that though if the Unix version is working (it is
my template for these things).

Sam what is going to be the plan in terms of cutting the
binary versions for this release? Are we still going to
do it all on sourcegears machine (with the exception of
QNX since I don't think they have it installed yet), then
post it for testing internally?

Thomas