Re: 0.7.12 Questions

Subject: Re: 0.7.12 Questions
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 02:48:21 CST

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Sam TH wrote:

> I would like to determine what remains to be done before we declare
> 0.7.12 ready. Outstanding issues I know of:
>
> Win32 spell check - how is this currently?
> Word import - dom, what's the status here?
> smart quotes - Vlad, can you get this fixed so we stop seeing ?s
>
> Are there other showstopper issues?
> How is the build looking on BeOS and QNX?

Something else I'd like to address is the issue of customized builds.

I suggest the following customized builds to match people's distros.

1. Gnome build requiring Redhat 7.0 plus gnome-print plus pspell.
2. RedHat 7.0 gtk with Pspell.
3. stock RedHat 6.2 with ispell and gtk.
4. RedHat 7.0 with cjk fonts included in the right locations => 12
megabytes! This will provide a good template for other distros

Are we going to include cryllic another other Eastern European fonts in
the rpms?

If not I suggest customized build with these too.

Cheers

Martin