Win32 & timer

Subject: Win32 & timer
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 17:54:45 CST

I just noticed a _really_ strange behaviour. The Win32 Lists dialog get
messages every timer tick, and that timer seems to be ticking, let me tell
you.

Now why (the hell) would a dialog want to recieve timer messages?

The simple and abvious answer to this is "unless it has a 'control' to
update every second (and I sure hope we have nothing like that) it should
not get timer messages".

I won't fix this anomaly until someone at least comments on it, but then I
will kill this behaviour (it's a bug in our framework, and I think it
connects to my post about Windows and Views).

/Mike - please don't cc