Re: Commit: another MSWord fix

Subject: Re: Commit: another MSWord fix
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 18:25:33 CST

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> This one is big...
>
> Well, I fixed a bug that would cause us to segfault on documents with
> embedded WMFs in them. If we are ever going to support WMFs, we need to add
> -DSYSTEM_ZLIB=1 to the CFLAGS in wv/Makefile.abi. Right now, I just return
> in the _handleImage method if blip->type != DIB || PNG
>
> As a result, importing of Word documents with unsupported media types such
> as GIFs, JPGs, etc... is *much* faster now.

Just to let everyone know, this fix enables a document of mine to be
imported. The table gets screwed up of course but the rest of document is
loaded without the WMF's of the equations.

Star Office 5.2 crashes when loading this document. I think Coalan had
better make the Open Office guys take a close look at wv :-)

Cheers!

Martin